Thursday, January 10, 2013

DIY Thursday #2

After French Pressing my coffee on Tuesday I took the grinds and put them into a cute lil jar I have.

Then I took a couple o' globs of coconut oil, melted it in the microwave, and then mixed them together.
(You want it to be a ratio of about 3:2, with more coffee grinds than oil)

I put the jar in the bathroom and left it until I could get a chance to use my concoction.


By the time I got to them, they looked like this.
Coconut oil is a solid at anything colder than ~70°F so I guess I should have expected that.

But it was okay!
I just broke through the top layer with my fingers and then remixed it with my hands.


Here's what I look like before and after application.


Definitely expect to get messy and also make a huge mess everywhere.

I also put it in my hair but I don't have any photos because I had to do it in the shower so the grinds wouldn't get all over the floor.



So here's what I look like fresh out of the shower!
I also used a little bit of an oil-free facial cleanser for my acne but it's not necessary.
My skin is soooo soft and even my acne feels smoooooth~


I had read about the coffee staining lighter hair colors so I was a little bit worried but...
My hair ended up looking brighter than ever!
I shampooed so I could get all the grinds but I didn't condition and my hair was suuuuper soft~



So I hope next time you make yourself a cup of coffee, instead of dumping your grinds in the trash,
you smear them on your face and hair! (✿◠‿◠) 

No comments:

Post a Comment